We are working hard to provide our ministries through other outlets at this time! Please see below how you can still get involved in your ministry!
- Join Spirit Lake at 8:15 a.m. or 11:00 a.m. on spiritlake.crosswinds.tv/live
- Join Spencer at 9:00 a.m. at spencer.crosswinds.tv/live
- Also can be viewed on Facebook or Youtube.
- Drive-in Service at 9 a.m. in the church parking lot for details go to spiritlake.crosswinds.tv/drive-in
- Website: Visit our giving page to give through Realm
- Texting: Text "crosswinds" to code 73256
- Mail: Make checks payable to CrossWinds Church and mail to 2805 Erie Ave., Spirit Lake, IA 51360
NEW Quick Connect Prayer Meeting
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, June 3 at 7 p.m.
- We have moved our prayer meetings to 7:00 p.m. Wednesday Night. In an attempt to limit these times of prayer to 30 minutes, we have renamed them "Quick Connect" Prayer Meetings.
- If you can't join us on Zoom, we are asking you to set an alarm on your phone for 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday to take 5 minutes to pray by yourself for God's grace upon our nation and for the progress of the gospel. If it helps you remember, 7:00 p.m. in military time is 19:00 hours, which corresponds with COVID-19.
- Zoom links available on Realm. If you are not on Realm please contact the church office.
NEW CWU Week Night Book Study
- First Book Discussion: Wednesday, June 10 at 8:30 p.m.
- Reading through the book Coronavirus and Christ by John Piper
- A free copy of the book available on Desiring God's Website.
- To sign up please complete this signup link
- Our weekly school year youth group just had their last weekly Wednesday night meeting for this school year, but they are not done for the year!
- Stay tuned for more information coming from Pastor Kris about the summer bible study and monthly youth events!
- Our weekly AWANA has come to an end for the year. We want to thank all of our clubbers, parents, and leaders for their hard work! We will have an awards ceremony and big celebration in August! Please stay tuned to our Facebook over the summer as we will be sharing different material and ideas on our Facebook page. We also challenge our clubbers to make videos or invent AWANA games and send them to commander Kendra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check out our Awana Facebook Page for updates!
CrossWinds Kids and University Classes
- CWU Kids: As our church goes through Philippians on Sunday mornings, don’t miss out on the opportunity to walk your young children through this book with Phil Vischer’s "Philippians - Where Does Joy Come From?" series on RightNow Media. This is recommended for all CWU kid's classes (PreK - 5th Grade).
- CWU Kids & Youth: We also want to challenge you to be writing letters and sending drawings to those that are in nursing homes or under strict quarantine right now. If you need ideas or recommendations please contact Kendra Clayton at email@example.com.
- Adults: Join Pastor Jordan and others during the month of June in reading through the book Coronavirus and Christ by John Piper. Discussion will take place on Wednesday nights at 8:30 p.m., starting on Wednesday, June 10.
- Everybody: Our RightNow media account library is filled with recommendations from our teachers and pastors. If you need an account use this RightNow Media link. For more great reads check out our COVID-19 Discipleship Resource.
- If your Life Group would like to meet please contact the church office and we will help set-up Zoom meetings.
- Young adult bible study is having game nights and meeting via Zoom with Pastor Andy. We encourage you to stay in touch with one another and Andy will be checking in. Please tune in on Sunday for our Live Stream.
All other church ministries are temporarily suspended.
Here you'll find great links for kids, adults, and the whole family that includes movies, bible studies, articles, crafts and book recommendations.
New CrossWinds COVID-19 Outreach
If you are sick, please let your church family know by filling out the COVID-19 Response Form on the home page of the web site. We want to be praying for you and helping you in any way we can with errands or other needs.
If you would like to help others please fill out the COVID-19 Volunteer Form. Let us know how you want to help and we will get you in touch with those who are in need of assistance.
We have five donation tubs in front of the church for four local non-profits and masks for the county. Please bring your donations between 9am-5pm Monday through Friday. The list of donations can be found here and the specifications fo the masks is linked here.
We are asking that families consider making a meal or two (or three) now and drop them off at church for delivery to families at a later date. For packaging tips from our CrossWinds' women visit their packaging instruction page.
Love your Neighbor
One way we can love our neighbor is by letting them know we care. We are willing to help them when they are sick. We put together a flyer for you to fill out and drop at your neighbors' homes. Feel free to download the flyers and print them on your home printer. You can also pick up copies at the church.
Stay tuned for Updates
For the latest COVID-19 information, we encourage you to go to crosswinds.tv. Across the top of the home page you will see a red banner. Clicking that banner will bring you to the latest COVID-19 information and response information at CrossWinds.
Note from Pastor Kurt
As we face these uncertain days, we are reminded of God’s Words in Isaiah 41:10.
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.—Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
God knows all about this virus. He will use it to bring glory to His name. We do not need to be afraid. God loves us. He cares for us. He is our strength, our confidence, and the hope for our future, especially in these uncertain times.