2 Samuel 7:1-17 - "I Will Establish the Throne of His Kingdom Forever"
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: 2 Samuel 7:1–17
What do God's promises to David in 2 Samuel 7 have to do with us? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spirit Lake as we consider the answer from 2 Samuel 7.
- Why is 2 Samuel 7 such an important passage in the Bible? What does it teach us about God’s rescue plan for his creation?
- What is one takeaway from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- Read Genesis 3:15; 12:2–3; Exodus 19:4–6; 2 Samuel 7:16; Jeremiah 31:31–34; 33:14–16; Ephesians 3:4–6. What do these passages teach us about the unfolding “mystery” of God’s plan?
- Read 2 Samuel 7:1–3; Deuteronomy 12:5, 10–11. Why does David want to build a temple? What is admirable about his desire? What would it look like for you to have a similar resolve when we experience “rest”?
- Read 2 Samuel 7:9–11; Genesis 12:2; 15:18. What is the significance of God’s promises here? What does this tell us about God’s overarching plan of salvation?
- What is “prophetic perspective”? In what way does this approach to prophecy help us be faithful to the Bible? Can you think of other examples of partial and complete fulfillment?
- Read 2 Samuel 7:12–16. How do these promises apply to the line of Davidic kings? How do they culminate in the Lord Jesus?
- Read Revelation 22:4–5. What do we have to look forward to? How does this change your approach to life this week?