Tongues that Tell the Truth
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Ephesians 4:15–16
Why does the truth matter to God? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spirit Lake as we consider this question in our sermon series, "Taming the Tongue."
- If “falsehood” is a spectrum ranging from “little white lies” and deceit to perjury, where do you find yourself?
- What is one takeaway from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- According to the sermon, what is a lie? Consider the example of Gehazi (2 Kings 5) and Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 5). What is behind their lies?
- Share a time that you lied or were intentionally misleading. What was the “desired result” you were seeking that led you to lie?
- Discuss the three different areas of falsehood. Which of these do you struggle with?
- Read Titus 1:2; Hebrews 6:18. Why does truth matter to God?
- Read John 8:42–44; Genesis 3:1–5. What does lying reveal about our allegiances?
- Read Ephesians 4:15–16. What does it look like to “speak the truth in love”?
- Read Ephesians 4:25, 29–30. What is the connection between the truth and relationships?
- Share one way that you will apply the sermon this week.