Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Genesis 4:25–26
What can we learn from the biblical figure Seth? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spirit Lake as we consider the answer from Genesis 4.
- Read Genesis 1:26–28; 2:15. What is God’s original purpose for humanity? What happened?
- What is one takeaway from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- Read Genesis 3:15. What promise does God make here? Why is this promise important for understanding the significance of Seth?
- Read Genesis 4:25–26. In context, what does it mean to “call upon the name of the Lord”?
- Read Psalm 13:1–2; 89:46–49. How do these two psalms help us to pray when we find ourselves in the midst of hardship?
- In our sermon, Pastor Jordan listed three things we can know about Seth. Which of these stood out to you most? How do they change the way you see your own life?
- Read Hebrews 11:13–16. What should we do in the “gap” between what God has promised and our present-day reality?
- Discuss the following quote: “learned desperation is at the heart of a praying life” (Miller, Paul in A Praying Life). What does it look like to “learn” desperation?
- Read Psalm 119:140. How does God’s track record give us confidence in prayer?